Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Flushing Out a Heater Core

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message news
On 12/27/2015 8:03 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 19:25:16 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/27/2015 3:37 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Do a chemical flushing proper then. Reverse flush too.

I've found that if I leave the ten minute rad
flush in for two days, the water pump seals
leak. And then I have to replace the water
pump.

When using ANY automotive chemical it is VERY important to follow the
instructions to the letter.
Actually not just automotive chemicals.. It is generally unsafe to use
any chemicals (or medications) in ways other than those recommended by
the manufacturer.

Hello, Captain obvious! I wrote to share an
experience I had, and save others from making
the same mistake. Your reply has all the sound
of a condescending superior being who is stating
the obvious to the ignorant peasants. Must suck
to be surrounded by people who make mistakes,
your royal Lordship.

Oh you boys. LOL!!!!

I generally stay away from any chemical flushing other than adding some liquid laundry detergent, mainly because the same reason - not knowing the condition the parts or what it might do if splashed on my stylish work clothes. Another reason for me is spilling a few drops into the gutter and having some save-the-planet freak call hazmat central. I grew up in a small town and never cease to be amazed at how ignorant the average big city suburban about any kind of do-it-yourself project. Butt I digress....