Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Google is not the only one who knows all about you.

Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 12/22/2015 6:24 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

There is a company selling/buying/dealing in
information/profile about us. They know us better than we know ourselves.

There's more than one. So far, this industry has very little regulation
as to what they can collect, who they can collect it from, what they
have to tell you that they've got on you, what they have to remove upon
request, and to whom they will provide access, or not.

Receiving unwanted birthday greetings like clock work from many
outfits. One example is cruise liners.

If you work for a medium-to-large employer, odds are one of their
sources is your employer. They provide information to the data
collection companies for free in exchange for free access to their
databases when conducting their background checks.

I retired more than 10 years ago.... I was in the IT business, LOL!