Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default "Keystone" stainless wall plate, *deep* recess

Don Y posted for all of us...

On 12/27/2015 9:39 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 09:07:02 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 12/27/2015 8:51 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Don Y wrote:
Something like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417-rr-7-QL._AC_UL320_SR168,320_.jpg

But with a much deeper recess/setback for the keystone insert.

(Also prefer NOT to have the protruding "rivets")

That's a wall plate for a telephone isn't it ? The "rivets" engage keyhole
slots on the back of the phone ...

Yes, that's what comes up when you search for "recessed stainless keystone",
I didn't have much choice in the picture! :-/

That is a problem with the meta tag on the site. Snag is right, that
is what you hang a wall phone on. A keystone plate will have the base
to snap a keystone into. That one is just a cover for an RJ11 yoke.

It matters nothing to the subject of this post!

I could have picked a white, PVC cover and said "like this but stainless"
instead of a stainless cover and said "like this but without the rivets".

Sorry, you'll get no help from me for this post.

--
Tekkie