Jerry G.

Default LCD Monitor Recomendation Notes

In the laptops, the screens are proprietary to the design of the particular
unit, and even the model for all these makes of computers. These are
designed to fit the particular model, and interface to their internal logic.
If the manufacture is making the parts for a number of different models,
then there may be some compatibility between them, depending on how they did
the interfacing.

For the most part, there are no universal screens for these. Only some of
the optional expansion cards are compatible by industry standard, at the
very most.

When you buy a laptop, you are stuck with the screen that it has. If there
are defects during the warranty period, the manufacture will replace the
screen, and service the laptop at no charge. After the warranty there is a
cost to service it. As for the parts, most of the manufactures will not sell
parts to any non-authorized people. The computer must be sent to them for
service.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"docmill" ;up wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Jerry G." wrote in
:

I have been receiving emails asking me about LCD monitor criteria, and
have seen questions posted from time to time by people shopping for one.
I thought I would post this.

With all the criteria you just mentioned, which one will help me, say
replace
a screen for a HP5140N laptop? The points are fine, but can I use a screen
form an IBM A27 in the HP?

--
Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"