Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford

Default Flushing Out a Heater Core

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 07:33:50 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/27/2015 8:03 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 19:25:16 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/27/2015 3:37 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Do a chemical flushing proper then. Reverse flush too.

I've found that if I leave the ten minute rad
flush in for two days, the water pump seals
leak. And then I have to replace the water
pump.

When using ANY automotive chemical it is VERY important to follow the
instructions to the letter.
Actually not just automotive chemicals.. It is generally unsafe to use
any chemicals (or medications) in ways other than those recommended by
the manufacturer.

Hello, Captain obvious! I wrote to share an
experience I had, and save others from making
the same mistake. Your reply has all the sound
of a condescending superior being who is stating
the obvious to the ignorant peasants. Must suck
to be surrounded by people who make mistakes,
your royal Lordship.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org
.
.

No , Mr Thinskin. I'm just replying , indirectly, to all the guys on
this newsgroup who complain about products like rad sealers plugging
their cooling systems, changing transmission fluid damaging their
transmissions, etc and claiming automotive chemicals are all useless
or worse.

My experience over half a century and more (ouch - that makes me feel
OLD!!!!) is there are many good automotive chemical - or as some call
them "mechanic in a can" products out there that can really save you a
lot of work and money "if used as directed"

I've made my mistakes too, in learning that lesson.

Lesson one - when using a "fast chemical flush" be VERY carefull when
you open the rad cap. I had a combination of chemical burns and
scalding that would have been a lot worse if I hadn't run into the
carwash immediately and hosed myself down - I was 16 and stupid at the
time!!