Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default When are Xmas trees bought.

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:34:11 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 7:50:00 AM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:
Frank" "frank wrote:
On 12/28/2015 7:24 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 2:14:12 AM UTC-6,
wrote:
A friend and I are debating when most people buy their xmas trees.

I saw that it's several days or more before Christmas eve, and the
proof of this is that is what I do. And that tree lots open up
about 2 weeks in advance.

She says, No, the custom is Xmas eve and the great majority buy that
afternoon. And the proof is that is what she does.

What can you tell us about this?

The best time to buy a Christmas tree is after Christmas when there
is a clearance sale. You can store it away until next Christmas.
?(.?.)? [8~{} Uncle Tree Monster

We like to be facetious but now you got me thinking.

I saw Christmas items on sale for 50% off a few days before Christmas.

If you buy your tree just before Christmas there should be a big
discount since the tree won't last til next.

I've seen whole lots of free trees on Xmas eve.

It would make sense to me to get a tree on the 24th then get the family together to have a tree decoration party. It would wear out the little kids so they'd sleep all night. ?(•?•)?

No one has mentioned it since the OP's girlfriend did, but I too
thought that the original custom, held by many many people, was to
decorate the tree the night of the 24th, and to get it that day too,
iiuc.

Does no one do that anymore?

[8~{} Uncle Tree Monster