Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default When are Xmas trees bought.

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 5:59:28 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 03:13:54 -0500, wrote:

A friend and I are debating when most people buy their xmas trees.

I saw that it's several days or more before Christmas eve, and the
proof of this is that is what I do. And that tree lots open up about
2 weeks in advance.

She says, No, the custom is Xmas eve and the great majority buy that
afternoon. And the proof is that is what she does.

What can you tell us about this?

Your friend is nuts. I've seen a couple of places sold out a few days
before Christmas. You should bring the tree in and let it acclimate
for 24 hours anyway.

We bought our tree in October. It sat in the box until the week after
Thanksgiving. Old tree was well over 25 years!

I'd say maybe they are both nuts. Typically trees around here start
being available a month before Xmas. And while I can't prove it, I'd
say it's probably a bell curve, few bought a month before, few bought
the day before Xmas, it probably peaks ~10 days or so before Xmas.
If people spend the bucks, they want to look at it for awhile before
and after Xmas, And like you say, by the 24th, many places are sold
out or have poor choices left. But you might get a discounted,
closeout, price.