Posted to alt.home.repair
tony944 tony944 is offline

Default Govt consequence problems

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

On 12/26/2015 2:43 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 12/26/2015 07:31 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

I've heard that ethanol fuel is a loss, in terms of
energy production. Same general concept, the result
is more pollution and less effective work done.

I think that's true for ethanol made from corn, but not necessarily from
some other source.

There ought to be a law like Godwin's law, but
dealing with effects of legislation. Unintended
consequence, or some thing.

It (legislation) is supposed to LOOK like it's doing good, and it
doesn't matter how much bad it actually does.

One example I'm often aware of is the intrusive "security" at airports.
There seems to be no limit to how bad that can get.

Another example is gun control. Every time
a homicidal person shoots up a bunch of
unarmed victims, the gov't pushes more laws
to further disarm the already unarmed victims.

--
..
Christopher A. Young