Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) The Christmas Music Overload has Ended

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 1:40:15 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 12/27/2015 07:43 AM, wrote:
I'm probably in the same boat in the
store I work in as you are in the truck:
We're both old enough be our co-
workers' PARENTS. Musically, they
probably never heard the stuff we
grew up with!

Conversely, a friend mentions bands that were popular in his formative
years and I only have vague memories of them. I sort of slept through
the '70s.

I listen to new stuff, some I like, some I don't just as it always has
been. I don't think there has been as radical a shift in music in the
last 50 years as the transition from crooners to rock'n'roll.

I listen to all sorts of music, even Rap because it makes me laugh. One of the genres that makes me LMAO is Death Metal where all the lead singer is doing is guttural howling. OMG! I lose it when I see the bands where the members dress as demons and monsters like the band Gwar. Watching the audience at the performances can be just as entertaining. I often ask myself,"Are there people who actually pay to attend concerts like these?" Then I remember that I was a kid once. ヽ(^o^)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIodjhm5KOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4ky-gzJtg

[8~{} Uncle Metal Monster