James Sweet

Default TV takes about a minute to turn on

"Tim Chreptak" wrote in message
.. .
Many many thanks on the insight James,

After replacing a few large suspected caps the problem was reduced but

still
there. I got some cold spray and found one more small electrolytic that
would cause the set to 'choke' when i gave it a shot. Replaced that one

and
everything fired up beautifully.

At least I learned quite a few troubleshooting techniques fixing this

TV...
bring on the next one!

Nice feeling isn't it? Now that you've got some experience you're well on
your way, now you just need to keep an eye out on trash day, or if there's a
free classified ad thing around you, you could place an ad looking for free
broken TV's, though if you have a wife you may soon find either yourself or
the TV's out on the street :-)