Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Calculator button not working

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 09:04:26 -0800, John Heath wrote:

Try cleaning the rubber bubble carbon and PC board with alcohol and cue
tip. Works for remote controls most of the time. Failing this buy the
remote control rebuild kits , around 20 bucks , that will resurface the
carbon on the rubber bubble. Good luck with it and I suspect you will be
okay with the easy fix of alcohol and a cue tip.

Thanks, John. I'm really loathed to throw this old friend out. Babies as
yet unborn when this was shipped to me have grown into men and gone out
and died fighting for the Queen in Afghanistan before this calculator
ever started to fail - and it's had some hard use, I can tell you. Makes
you think, doesn't it? :-/