Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seawater toilet flush problems

On 12/26/2015 6:07 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The new low flow toilets are a real problem.
My church had two clogged drains this year,
account of some thing. Likely account of low
flow toilets. The plumbing bill was extreme.
--
.

I recall reading about a problem with the San Francisco sewers. It's because the city which is full of environment huggers who've adopted every low water usage plumbing fixture in existence doesn't have enough water flowing down the sewers to flush the queer poop to the sewage treatment plant. The city must use thousands of gallons of toxic chemicals to clear the sewer lines. Heck, when I was out in The Pacific, the plumbing system used salt water to flush the toilets in the housing units. I wonder if San Francisco can clear its sewers with salt water instead of dangerous chemicals? If I built a house on an island or next to an ocean, I'd have a dual supply plumbing system. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Sewer Monster

Think of the salt water corroding out the cast iron
drain pipes, that would be a plumber's dream, having
all that work.
--
..
Christopher A. Young