Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Radio controlled clock an hour fast

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 00:04:20 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
And as now it only gets light at 8AM, if it were left like that, it
would still be dark when all the kids were going to school at 8:30,
this is why they changed it - an extra hour at 4pm is a waste of light,
all the kids are back home by then

When I were a kid in the NE of Scotland, we went to school in the dark as
well as coming home after dark for some of the winter.

But had daylight until after 11pm in mid summer.

It seems to be assumed that everybody's scared of the dark nowadays. We don't get dark anymore, because people have 1 billion watt headlamps on their cars, and the police don't seem to do a thing. Why don't they pull people over every time they're dazzled by one?

--
A bleached blonde and a natural blonde were on top of the Empire State Building.
How do you tell them apart?