Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Store Clerks "DUMBER THAN HELL"

On 12/21/2015 7:47 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
web.com...
On 12/21/2015 8:40 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 12/20/2015 9:52 PM, wrote:

Another thing I wont even consider is online banking. What a stupid
idea! I may as well just post my credit card # on this newsgroup along
with all my other identity info, and say "Help Yourself".

Your banking information is already online. Are you under the delusion
that banks aren't using computer networks to store and transmit
everyone's banking information?

LOL! I wonder when the last time Paintedcow received a cancelled check
back with his bank statement? Is he puzzled over the clerk at some stores
scanning his check and handing it back to him before saying "Thank you!
Have a nice day!"?

It's his money and privacy so whatever he does or doesn't do is fine, I
just hate to see some people have a false sense of security (or paranoia)
simply because of ignorance.

With almost everything going to computers now, unless you only deal in cash,
there is no real security.

Writing checks is the most dangerous way to pay. All your account
information is made available to the person you give the check too. They
could easily print up some checks and quickly drain your account.

Paying with a debit card is the next most dangerous.

Using a credit card is the safest, and most beneficial to the consumer
who is responsible enough to not carry a balance.