Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_2_] OFWW[_2_] is offline

Default box joint testing

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 12:48:23 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 12/24/2015 10:19 AM, OFWW wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 07:49:51 -0500,
wrote:

OFWW wrote:

Plus I am going to use drawers instead of
shelves for the pots and pans, plus the larger appliances. My Wife is
small so her arms aren't too long, and I hate getting on my knees to
get a pan she sticks in the back of the cabinet. (I like to cook too)

Good thinking but extend it a bit further to trays rather than drawers. Bt
"tray" I mean a 3/4" bottom rimmed all around with verticals that project
only an inch or two above the bottom. They are good for dishes too.

Thanks a bunch! The bottom info I really needed, at that size then
should the frame be 1/2" Minimum? OR?

Yes, I meant trays for the most part. Where the pans or bowls are
light weight I was thinking higher sides, like 4" up from the bottom,
or 4 " overall, to help keep them in.

I'd stop and consider the actual implements you have to store and
develop storage more specifically tailored around them, albeit not _too_
specific to a given exact pan so that retain general use. I've done the
similar by using 1/2" side stock and providing internal dividers with a
few optional positions routed into the sides so they can be moved to suit...

Yes, I am keep that in mind, things like the mixer and all its
attachments, food slicer, you know bulky stuff not used all the time.
Along with the cast iron pans, my choice, and all the non-stick
lightweight stuff for the wife. Like you said, I trying to be useful
and generic at the same time.

As to the dividers I might make them with jointed like "Horseshoes"
for mix n matching pans.

I am considering a knife block in the spice rack, lower cabinet near
the stove.