Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default box joint testing

On 12/24/2015 9:52 AM, John McCoy wrote:
wrote in :

It's a case of comparing things that for the most part, shouldn't be
compared in the overall rankings; only the minor differences between the
similarly-sized and purposed joints should actually be compared against
each other within a set of classes, perhaps.

Well, the counterpart to what you just said is that you should
consider the size of the joint when picking your joinery method.
If a joinery method is constrained by the size of pre-fab units,
it might not be suitable.

I said _nothing_ whatever about actual application to any specific
project; only discussing the limitation in attempting to drawing any
generic conclusions from the test results as performed/presented. See
the more detailed follow-on to 'Jack' I posted this AM.