Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default box joint testing

On 12/23/2015 3:16 PM, Larry wrote:

The 2 I have a problem with are the miter and butt. Both would
be at the very bottom if I were guessing.

Just reposting the results... Don't shoot the messenger.

Not shooting at you Larry. If you did the testing, _then_ I'd be
shooting at you.

Posting the list is very interesting, allowing for some banter about
joints. For me, I like Mikes points on common sense. Some common sense
and a dash of experience and this list looks a bit funny to say the
least. Swings sarcastic remark if it's on the internet, it must be
true, also is on the money.

It's amazing to me how much bull is written in books. I'm oft reminded
that the individual taste zones on your tongue was taught in schools for
over 100 years simply because one guy wrote in down in a book and grade
schools, high schools and colleges, including medical schools, taught
it for a 100 YEARS, like it was true, and was bogus.

This list in my mind is bogus, and if I were doing the testing, and
somehow a butt joint or miter joint came ahead of a domino, I'd keep it
to myself, and try to find out what I did wrong in the testing. Just my
opinion, but giant red flags here, making the whole thing suspect.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com