Tim Chreptak

Default TV takes about a minute to turn on

Thanks, I removed the 4 diodes, none were open but one didn't check out
exactly like the others so I replaced all 4. I also removed and re-checked
the bypass caps around there and everything seems fine, but when i look at
the wave going to the large capacitors it looks totally unrectified. It's
from about 0V up, but I'm sure thats just because the cap's are working as
much as they can to maintain some DC.

Is it possible this is more complicated than I'm thinking and its feedback
from somewhere further down, not from the main PS? it's 60Hz (i don't know
why i thought it was 120Hz yesterday) as much as I can tell from reading the
scope. I really wish i had a schematic, that would at least give me a
chance...

I would think something is really loading down the supply but I have a 1A
fuse inplace of the recommended 3.15A and it hasn't blown once yet, nor does
the input resistor get hot. Those caps however seem to discharge almost
instantly.

Thanks again for any comments, ideas, criticisms, etc.