Dan

Default Transistor for Orion car amplifier

Someone over in rec.car.audio replied with the replacement part
numbers. They are apparently 100 volt MOSFETS in TO-247AD cases. The
ones I fried both had the same part number - they are N-channel
Mosfets, and should be replacable with an IRF part # IRFP150N. The
adjacent ones, which were not visiby damaged in my amp, are P-channel
Mosfets, replacable with an IRFP9140.

I ordered the parts from Digi-Key and will give them a try. If it
doesn't work, oh well, I'm out less than 10 bucks in parts and will go
shopping for a new amp.

Thanks for the help.

--

BOB URZ wrote...

If you don't have a clue, bail out now.....
Otherwise, post what you find.