Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default commode flapper issue continues!!

Oren posted for all of us...

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:47:02 -0500, Bill Baxter
wrote:

No good, the darn thing ends up causing more water loss than the
flapper, so I pulled it and taking it back to Home Depot!

One question before I comment further, can anyone tell me what a normal
amount of water evaporation would be from a 5 gallon tank over an 8 hour
period at room temperature? I'm seeing roughly 1/2" drop over 8 hours.

Not me, but it should not drop 1/2". You've been throwing parts at it
with no luck. Couple of times I've mentioned hairline cracks in the
tank or bowl.

One last thing I'm going to do. A friend of mine has a plumber's/ auto
camera. It's a tiny waterproof camera at the end of a 16 foot cable.
I'm going to run this up though the commode and up into the flapper area
to see where the source of the dripping is occurring. This is a last
resort. Nothing else is working. If this doesn't reveal, once and for
all, where the leak is, nothing will. And if it's an actual crack in
the tank somewhere, time for a new commode but the problem is color
matching an old, pink Allianceware commode with the modern
equivalent.... not sure how I'd ever do that.

http://www.sanitationventures.com/

Pink toilets have been abandoned for years. Avocado and harvest gold
is ugly to?

+1 Geez, another Homo Gay, he hasn't determined the problem so we have to
guess at fix. Now he wants evaporation rates! That's why prices are the way
they are. He shotguns it, doesn't work, then returns it to HomeLow. Two
trips at what at least 10 bux each. What a bargain. He could have a new
terlet by now that he could stain himself by now.

--
Tekkie