Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Radio controlled clock an hour fast

Chris French wrote:
In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 12:53:41 +0000, Chris French
wrote:

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 12:06:36 +0000, Chris French
wrote:

A new Lidl has recently in our local town - a bit of a novelty as the
nearest Aldlidls are about 20 miles away.

Anyway, popped in today for the first time when passing, to see if
they
had any interesting things in their deals. I picked up a new radio
controlled clock as our old one died.

Thing is, it's it sets itself an hour fast. Instructions say it
uses the
DCF77 signal from Mainflingen in Germany, which presumably is giving
time in CET (GMT+1). Now I don't really know how the system works, but
the clocks obviously don't know where in the world they are so
presumably are set to pickup a specific signal.

I have a radio controlled watch, but on that I can set the time zone)

So are Lidl are selling a load of clocks which will set themselves
wrong
:-)

I also have a Lidl RC clock that gets it's time signal from Frankfurt.
It's an Auriol IAN 100706. Big flat round face, two rectangular
windows, wall-hanging, displays time, day, date, week no., temperature
and moon phase. Yours may be different. Somewhere in the instructions
or set-up routine there's an option to set the time zone. Just found
whe page 9. As they say, when all else fails, read the
instructions. :-)

Thanks, but I did once it didn't set it self correctly :-), it says
nothing about changing the time zone.

Mine is different model:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=29549

A quick web search suggest they have had this problem before with
similar clocks

Does this help? Different model, but the works may be similar
http://tinyurl.com/oj4cj2l
The instructions for mine are here http://tinyurl.com/hgx67my

Thanks, but no that doesn't help I'm afraid. (I think I'd found that
fixya page before).

That is all for digital clocks, as is yours, mine is analogue and based
on a different mechanism (unsurprisingly).

It's ok, AFAICS Lidl have cocked up, I'll take it back in a couple of days.

No need to return it, just pull off the hands having let it set itself 1
hr ahead of GMT and then replace the hands on GMT.
Simples