Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Dusk to Dawn Photocell LED Bulbs--Anyone see them for saleanywhere?

On 12/22/2015 12:43 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:06:00 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

DST (Damn Stupid Time), Where the months of March and November are split
into 2 each, to deal with the government messing with our clocks.

Ok, now I get it.

I'd rather have just 12 months, and fail to understand how any
reasonably intelligent person could think they're actually changing TIME
when they reset the clocks twice a year.

Yea, I find it annoying as well as worthless to have to change clocks 2x
a year. They said it was done to save electricity, but never worked as
planned. Then I heard it was done so kids dont have to wait for their
schoolbus in the dark when going to school. Apparently no one thought
about just changing the frikken school hours!!! It most affects farmers.
Cattle are milked on a routine. They dont give a **** about clocks. They
need to be milked and fed on schedule. So the farmers continue to keep
operating as they have, regardless of what the clock says, yet the milk
hauler truck, farm supply stores, and others involved have changed their
hours. All that does is create confusion!

LOL, of course it has nothing to do with farmers. John Oliver had a good
piece on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0NW9ufUUw.

Donald Trump said that daylight Savings Time also increases global
warming because of the extra hour of the sun beating down on the planet
during the hottest months of the year. He also said that it hurts some
businesses, like drive-in movie theaters.