Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Advertised prices or not?

wrote in message
I have not read this whole thread, but I have a policy. If stores dont

price items, I go elsewhere. Granted, sometimes a price label is missing
on a certain item, and I'll ask the price, but if I go to a flea market
or rummage sale, and nothing is priced, I dont stick around. Having to
ask the price for everything is just plain annoying.

If an artical is not priced at the flea markets I just throw out what I
think is a low ball price. Sometimes they take it, sometimes they tell me I
am full of it and don't want to talk to me about it. If it is something I
think I would really like to have, then I ask what they are asking and then
offer them about 10 to 30 % less to see if they will take it.

A while back I asked a fellow that was packing up to leave what he wanted
for something that I would like to have but did not want it at the price he
stated. Told him that was way much more than I wanted to pay . He cut the
price in half.