Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default W10 activation issue

Terry Coombs wrote:
Eagle wrote:
Tony Hwang explained on 12/22/2015 :
Eagle wrote:
Mark Lloyd wrote on 12/22/2015 :
On 12/22/2015 07:07 AM, Eagle wrote:
wiped My HD and tried to load W7 ultimate, but the built-in modem
will not load. I then loaded w10 and tried to use My W7
activation to activate W10, and was refused. W10 works, but get
the activation reminder on the desktop.

Any thoughts on working this issue?

As to "the built-in modem will not load", I suppose you mean the
driver for a "soft modem" that requires software.

As to activation, I'm wondering how much you actually lose by not
having W10 activated (other than that reminder).

So far I don't see much other than no beg to activate.
I'm thinking on installing My 40 gig HD and run linux. The new
builds look like they work more better now.

If you don't activate it, you don't get update, etc. You could just
update w7 to W10, if it can't it'll put back every back to W7.
Modem? You use it for faxing or modem? All my desk top, laptops
updated to W10 without a hitch. I manually updated to have
triboot(Linux, W7, W10) I need W7 and IE to flash blade for remote
starter kit. If you call MS, no warm body answers, just follow thru
accordig to the prerecorded message, you better have good hearing
and good typing speed or you'll spend quite a while to finish the
process.

Already done Tony. I like W7 more better, but I'm getting used to W10.
I like Edge over IE for sure. I use Chrome as well so IE doesn't get
used. I had an issue with email, but cured that by going with T-Bird.
All in all W10 gets the job done Ya Ya!

Have you turned off the spyware yet ?

Some things I do such as flashing blade for remote starter, Only IE is
compatible. (Using iDATA link web link flash utility) Omega link,
Compustar link is same.) When I am not on Linux, I use W7 Ultimate 64
bit. I even have to play with DOS....