Posted to alt.home.repair

Default W10 activation issue

Eagle wrote:
Mark Lloyd wrote on 12/22/2015 :
On 12/22/2015 07:07 AM, Eagle wrote:
wiped My HD and tried to load W7 ultimate, but the built-in modem
will not load. I then loaded w10 and tried to use My W7 activation
to activate W10, and was refused. W10 works, but get the activation
reminder on the desktop.

Any thoughts on working this issue?

As to "the built-in modem will not load", I suppose you mean the
driver for a "soft modem" that requires software.

As to activation, I'm wondering how much you actually lose by not
having W10 activated (other than that reminder).

So far I don't see much other than no beg to activate.
I'm thinking on installing My 40 gig HD and run linux. The new builds
look like they work more better now.

With the current atmosphere vis-a-vis Windows , Ubuntu is looking better
and better ... I wonder if they might be subtly sabotaging XP , seems odd
little quirks are popping up more and more often lately ...
Gotta win the wife over though for a change that big . GUI is pretty good
, but the "feel" is different .
--
Snag