Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Advertised prices or not?

On 12/22/15 4:52 AM, Leisure Suit Larry wrote:
On 12/21/2015 10:57 PM, Micky wrote:
On 21 Dec 2015 17:22:10 GMT, KenK wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in :

KenK wrote:

I avoid all those scams by using Amazon. They are my go-to source for
almost everything.

FWIW, the worst companies now are the phone/TV/Internet providers. They
advertise a low-ball
price then jack up the final price with modem rental fees, set-top box
rental fees,
DVR fees, HD Technology fees, digital outlet fees, CableCARD fees, etc.

There are a number of reports circulating these days about Amazon no
longer being the lowest-cost provider they used to be, especially if you
log on via a Mac.

But you're spot-on about the phone/TV/internet providers. One cute trick
Comcast pulls is negotiating a decent rate with you for 6-9-12 months or
whatever-- then after a couple of months, they jack your bill right back
up,

When you call to complain, they say well we see called us on that date
back then-- but we have no documentation of the conversation-- or the
confirmation number you're giving us does not show that rate for that
length of time.

After a half dozen repeats of that scenario, I've quit them and gone
with ATT. Sure hope they're better!!

--
Your taxes are high because you support lots of folks who can't be
bothered with working. They ever come by and say thanks, or can I mow