Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default W10 activation issue

FrozenNorth submitted this idea :
On 2015-12-22 5:14 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 16:48:32 -0500, FrozenNorth

On 2015-12-22 4:39 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:07:31 -0500, FrozenNorth
wrote:

BTW - what is the current build number?

10586.36

Thanks.

11082.1000 here, but I am on the insiders program.

Is it free by just signing up? I'm guessing they are "preview" builds
you can activate. Buggy or stable versions?

Yep, free for the singup, they are beta builds, I have seen little odd
things, but no show stoppers, I seem to be getting a new entire build
every month or two.

They have three rings, Fast, Slow and Release, Fast is a bit more
bleeding edge, I am on that, but as I said, so far so good. Slow is
after the fast testing has happened, and will not get every build,
Release is obvious.

Is it possible to move from Vista 64 bit to Win10 64 bit and get
around that limitation? Saying I start with a clean install?

I am not even sure you can upgrade directly from Vista to Win 10 for free, or
at all, I did see with a quick google that you can download a Win 10 ISO
file, burn to DVD and do a fresh install, but you would lose everything.

I have a Vista machine I had no problems with other than being slow,
but that was from the processor being a old AMD. I have an older tower
running XP with a Celeron processor that works still, but is slower
than cooter brown. My storage tower runs a P-3 with very little memory
and six 18 gig scsi drives. My W7 tower popped the cpu twice, so it
sits waiting for a differet mobo. My real estate agent gave Me this
Dell Inspiron 660, so I put it in line.