Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default OT Embarrassing government stuff.

On 22/12/2015 20:09, bert wrote:
In article ,
writes
bert wrote:
Supply meeting demand. No demand because everyone could previously get
housing benefit for two+ bedrooms. Housing associations should now start
building more single bedroom properties.

15 years ago my housing association spent a large amount of money
converting all its unmarketable bedsits and one-bed flats into
two- and three-bed properties. Is somebody going to pay off our
loans so we can go back to scratch and convert tham back again?

jgh

15 years ago? Yes when Labour threw around benefits like confetti and
now other people are having to pick up the pieces.
You could raise funds by selling some of these off to the long term
tenants and building single bed homes.

I think the housing bill is far higher than under Labour 15 years ago.
One might even say Labour was frugal and living within its means, not
like the current Tory spending plans!