Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tonight is the Winter Solstice

On 12/22/2015 05:50 AM, wrote:
Same E wrote: "I suppose you know that "the latest sunrise" and "the earliest
sunset are on different days"

Correct.

Mid-latitudes, they occur roughly one week before and
after a solstice. At the equator, the difference is
almost one month before and after(!), while nearer to
Poles the difference is far less. Equation of
Time and the Analemma are at play.

A place in the far north or far south may not have a sunrise and sunset
on a particular day (daylight all day or night all day). What I don't
know, is if there are any days when there is one (sunrise or sunset) but
not the other.

--
3 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To depend upon God is like holding on to the tail-end of nothing."
[Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_,
1911]