Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Preventing paint from freezing in garage

On 12/21/2015 5:20 PM, bob_villain wrote:

Coffee containers keep getting smaller...years ago the largest can
was 48 oz. now, 24 oz. may be the norm. You're not getting a gallon
of liquid in there!

Never said was...it was simply a smaller container to use from at the
time--probably never was more than half full to begin with. The source
was one of the 5-gal pails for the barn; clearly not convenient to paint
directly from for a small touchup job.

The only reason for mentioning was the surprise that it was still
pristine with nothing more than that as a container; I've tried using
those same containers for other purposes and if left in the KS sun they
turn to brittle nothing in a very few months. I'd not have expected the
snap-on lid to have been anywhere nearly as effective as it has been nor
even that the plastic itself.