Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics
Poutnik[_3_] Poutnik[_3_] is offline

Default Does a capital ship sinking actually SUCK a swimmer down todrown?

Dne 22/12/2015 v 04:51 Sylvia Else napsal(a):
On 22/12/2015 11:04 AM, M. Stradbury wrote:
Is it true (or an urban myth) that a swimmer would be sucked
under (presumably to drown) when a capital ship sinks?

Mythbusters tried it, and concluded that there was no significant
sucking sown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvU_dkKdZ0U

But the did not make any attempt
to maintain geometrical similarity.

IF a sailor size was 1/4 of a ship size,
he would not be sucked either.

I am not sure, if the viscosity has to be scaled
as well for that matter, but I guess it has.

As I mentioned in my other post
the Mythbusters do not care much
about reliability of their experiments and interpretations.

--
Poutnik ( the Czech word for a wanderer )

Knowledge makes great men humble, but small men arrogant.