Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_3_] Mark Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Fluke 73III fluke repair

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Jon Elson wrote:
amdx wrote:

I guess it was just a battery problem, but I never noticed a low
battery indication.

Most other DVMs I've had would read accurately until the digits could no
longer be read, LONG after the low-bat indication was on. At least one
Fluke I had would start giving totally impossible readings as soon as the
low-bat indicator showed. I guess there was less margin on the voltage
reference. Kind of disappointing.

The fluke meters I have are like that. It's really obnoxious, especially
on my latest 87V.

I have a Fluke 28 series II and it's an amazing meter, exactly like my 87-5
in function, but it wastes a lot of battery capacity.

AA cells get down to 1.4 volts and it's done. Not so bad really because you
get those batteries out of there before they're likely to cause any
corrosion.

You can "test" the batteries using the backlight and the continuity beeper
at the same time. If the batteries are at all marginal, you'll get an early
indication.

Mark Z.