Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics
Poutnik[_3_] Poutnik[_3_] is offline

Default Does a capital ship sinking actually SUCK a swimmer down todrown?

Dne 22/12/2015 v 08:58 Sylvia Else napsal(a):
On 22/12/2015 4:19 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Do you have any maritime experience? Worked on any kind of ocean
going vessel(s)? Possess any knowledge gained from real life
experience?

Experience of ships? No. How would any of that help in deciding whether
the vessel would suck me down if it sank?

Or do you think there's some sort of mechanism that allows enlightenment
by osmosis?

Nautical society has advantage of collective experience
of huge number of people, surviving the ship sinking.

Even if I had been Nobel laureate for physics,
sailors would know more about surviving on sea than me.

If personalizing,
Sea has already laughed to many theoretical thoughts.

--
Poutnik ( the Czech word for a wanderer )

Knowledge makes great men humble, but small men arrogant.