Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics
Poutnik[_3_] Poutnik[_3_] is offline

Default Does a capital ship sinking actually SUCK a swimmer down todrown?

Dne 22/12/2015 v 02:56 Micky napsal(a):
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 00:04:23 -0000 (UTC), "M. Stradbury"
wrote:

Is it true (or an urban myth) that a swimmer would be sucked
under (presumably to drown) when a capital ship sinks?

I would think so. I was in a 6-man rubber raft that went over a
small falls and under water and though I wasn't tied to the raft, I
went under water too. How much more so with a big ship.

But it could be because of your motion dynamics,
as you inertially continue water under,
until your buoyancy gradually reverted your velocity.

--
Poutnik ( the Czech word for a wanderer )

Knowledge makes great men humble, but small men arrogant.