Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ANSWERING MACHINE RINGS

I'd imagine the worse problem would be a machine waiting until the
*eighth* ring to pick up -- at which point, many may have abandoned
the call (and you've no record of it).

You have the caller ID record.

Isn't technology wonderful??! :

I have my answering machine set to answer after 2 rings. Almost all the
calls I get now on the home phone are junk calls (caller ID shows city,
state like "AUSTIN TX" or "TOLL FREE CALL" in most cases). I won't
answer unless I see a familiar caller ID, and in that case will be
holding the phone and can answer quickly.

--
4 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"By simple common sense, I don't believe in God." -- Charlie Chaplin