Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 700° F

Or thereabouts , and the weld didn't crack as it cooled . I used one of my
foundry/forge burners today to heat up that CI fire pot that had me
frustrated the other day , and sucessfully repaired the crack . After the
repair I wrapped it in fiberglass batt to cool slowly , didn't melt the
'glass . The Invar 42 Dan sent me worked flawlessly . It even looks like a
pretty decent TIG weld .
After I finished that piece I built up a small firebrick enclosure for the
fire grates and did a short test preheat to make sure I wasn't blowing
flames out where I didn't want them . In the morning I'll fire up the burner
on low and gradually heat them up to about the same temp as the part today .
Hmm , better finish veeing out the cracks first ...
--
Snag
My apologies for