Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_6_] Muggles[_6_] is offline

Default People's Court today, Friday, 12/18

On 12/21/2015 4:27 PM, Micky wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 13:05:23 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 12/20/2015 12:54 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/19/2015 09:22 PM, Micky wrote:
I AM a touch typist and pretty good too**, but I see this Dell
keyboard doesn't have the inverted dimples on keys G and H, likek it's
supposed to.

**6 errors per minute.

I get about six errors a minute. Unfortunately I also only type about
six words per minute.

When I was in high school only the business kids took typing. Nobody
ever thought engineers would have anything to do with a typewriter;
that's what the secretaries are for. My brother was older enough that it
worked in his career, but it didn't in mine.

My top typing speed was around 78wpm with the average errors any normal
typist would make. I hated manual typewriters because if you had to
make copies you had to use that blue/black carbon paper between papers
and type 2 to 3 copies at a time. If you made a mistake you had to
correct it on multiple copies. When word processors and pc text
applications (word) came out I was in heaven because an error only meant
you had to backspace/delete/edit and keep going, which, got very easy to
do and didn't lower typing speed all that much. The only thing that
would slow me down was typing numbers because they are on the top row of
the keyboard and I had short fingers, so I couldn't reach the numbers
accurately with any sort of speed. Usually, I ended up slowing down
enough to look at what I was typing and verify I hit the correct numbers.

When I started out typing I only got up to about 35wpm because manual
typewriters were just difficult to press the keys, even the electric
ones slowed me down. When chat rooms and internet typing came along my
speed doubled!

When computers came along, my error rate doubled.

The older I get the higher my error rate gets.

--
Maggie