Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Problem with softwood threshold

On 21/12/2015 18:48, stuart noble wrote:
On 21/12/2015 18:06, Tim Watts wrote:
On 21/12/15 17:37, Jonathan wrote:
I have frenchwindows with a softwood threshold. This receives an
enormous amount of damage from people standing on it. Before replacing
the whole frame, I thought a metal strip to protect it might be the
answer but I cannot find one.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

Jonathan

Bit of zinc or copper sheet hammered round? Or stainless steel checequer
plate.

Pretty sure B&Q sell some of those in small sheet sizes. I've seen zinc
used this way.

Halfway decent softwood can easily withstand humans standing on it,
until it starts to rot.......

Trouble is it's not people standing still on it, it's people scuffing it
as they step on and off.