Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ANSWERING MACHINE RINGS

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 11:23:57 AM UTC-5, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 09:14:09 -0700
Tony Hwang wrote:

puzzlement wrote:
My answering machine was answering on four rings, all of a sudden
it has started answering on 1 and a half rings.

It is still set up to answer on four rings. I thought maybe my
machine had gone bad, so I bought another one. The same thing
happens with the new one. Can any one tell me how to correct rhis?

Thanks,

Puzzlement

No voice mail box?

No voice mail here nor on cell phone.
****'em leave on answering machine or go away.
Answers on third ring so **** heads have to pay
for the call.

my machine will answer on the 4th ring if it is empty and on the first ring if there is 1 or more unread messages on it.

This is so that if you want to retrive your messages when away from home, you can call your own number. If it picks up on the first ring, you know there are messagesto retrieve, so you enter the code and it will play them back

If it waits till four rings, then you know thee are no messages so you can hang up on the third ring before it answers and "save on the toll"

Mark