Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Store Clerks "DUMBER THAN HELL"

Don Y wrote:
On 12/21/2015 5:52 AM, sms wrote:

One day I was at CVS and they had 40% off all remaining summer
merchandise. I bought something marked at $10. They had not
programmed the new price into the system so the cashiers had to take
40% off. The cashier took out a little pad of paper. She wrote $10 on it.
Then she took out a calculator and multiplied 10 by 0.4. She wrote
down 4 on the pad. Then she did 10-4=6. I told her to just multiply
by 0.6, but she helpfully informed me that it was 40% off, not 60%
off. I really wanted to come back the next week when everything was
50% off to see if she went through the same procedure.

I went to HD to purchase some plywood. Wanted to have it ripped into
10" wide strips. Kid came to the saw -- cuz customers aren't capable
of operating a saw that is *bound* to a table/rig! :-/

Told him what I wanted. He pulled out his tape rule and asked me to
show him 10 inches... Alarmed, I took it upon myself to mark the
plywood -- allowing 1/8" for each cut as I'm sure that wouldn't
occur to him!

One of the first things new (no experience) guys in the cabinet shop got
was a "big inch" , a piece of paper with an inch expanded to 8" and the 8ths
, quarters etc drawn in . A good proportion couldn't relate that to the
"regular inch" on their tape measure ... I had a helper (when I was doing
insurance repairs for a contractor) that I had writing measurements down as
I called them out . One of the measurements read "31 inches and 25 cents"
Snag