Orange

Default Blown TV power transistor (diagram)

"ac" wrote in message
All the caps around the PSU area are visually ok.

I have just ordered a couple of the S2000AF's, just in case something else
did cause it to blow. The rectifier diodes are 1N4007's. These were the

1st
thing I replaced, but they blew again straight away. Then I removed the
S2000AF which was found to be shorted and changed the diodes
again....fingers crossed...

Cheers

Adam

I wouldn't rely on how the capacitors look physically, especially as they're
only a few pence each so I would recommend replacing all of them.

I don't know the actual wattage of R160 but it should be in the parts list,
however I would imagine the usual quarter watt type.

As you don't show the complete circuit it's difficult to see where the [pin
nine] start-up voltage derives from, presumably from an arm of the bridge
rectifier via a resistor/s, or a small positor which can all cause problems.

I don't have a circuit diagram to hand, but could probably dig one out
tomorrow, however it would be on the left-hand side of the diagram if you
trace back from pin nine of the 4601.