Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Store Clerks "DUMBER THAN HELL"

On 12/20/2015 7:52 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 22:29:10 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

wrote in message
NOT something "Rare". And the store DID have lots of them. Not to
mention I bought it yesterday and am already using it. Not waiting a
week or more to get it. Additionally, everytime I order something
online, I still have to go to a store to buy a prepaid disposible credit
card, because i'm not stupid enough to give out my REAL Credit card #
over the internet. NOTHING is safe or secure on the internet, even
though these companies want you to believe it is.

Credit cards are not safe in stores either. Just look at what hapened at
the Target stores last Christmas, or maybe it was the one before.
My son for one had his debit card info stolen from them.

I rarely use credit/debit cards in stores too. I use cash, or if it's a
large priced item, I write a check.

Bad idea.

For higher priced items, the extra year of warranty that is offered by
many credit cards is well worth the small hassle if a credit card is
compromised. And it's not like a debit card where you can lose money
from your account and then have to fight to get it back, it's just the
hassle of getting a new credit card.

I recently called Amex because a point and shoot camera with a one year
warranty had stopped working on a trip. I expected a hassle. There was
none. They looked up the transaction and they did not even want the
camera back, they just credited my account for the full cost. On higher
value items they want some verification though, a quote for the repair cost.

There's also the 2% cash back on a good credit card. It really adds up
over a year. We get back close to $1000 per year. Remember, the credit
card company's commissions are essentially built in to all retail
pricing already, so unless a company offers a cash discount it's better
off financially to pay with a credit card.