Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default ANSWERING MACHINE RINGS

On 12/20/2015 10:56 PM, puzzlement wrote:
My answering machine was answering on four rings, all of a sudden it has
started answering on 1 and a half rings.

It is still set up to answer on four rings. I thought maybe my machine had gone
bad, so I bought another one. The same thing happens with the new one. Can any
one tell me how to correct rhis?

Did you buy another of the EXACT SAME MODEL?

If yes, then go buy one that's a different make & model and ask again!
Or, walk over to your neighbor's and try it there.

There's no way to correct something if its inherent in the design of
the device (hence the suggestion to try a different unit) *or* in
the characteristics of the line to your home (hence the suggestion
to try it at a neighbor's)