Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default I like projects and I like wood.

After serious thinking rbowman wrote :
On 12/20/2015 03:54 PM, Eagle wrote:
After 9/11 Bush made the speech about this nation going to war against
terrorism, and that there will be fighting in every corner of the world,
some reported, some not. I thought to myself [and I bet most did the
same] how do you fight a war against a religion with over two billion
members? How do you keep sepparate the jihadists and the peaceful
muslimers?

Britain never exactly won going up against the IRA. The IRA really didn't
have that many active members and Irish Catholics only blow themselves up by
mistake.

To continue the analogy, Bloody Sunday in 1972 was the best recruiting tool
the Provos ever had. It says a lot that it took the Brits until now to arrest
one of the Paras:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-34775466

That whole 'we'll fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here'
was a pipe dream.

Who said that?
The war on the terrorists will go on and change the idea of 'freedom'
irreversably. It's a shame, but that is the price this war will cost
humanity. Islam has been a thorn in the foot ever since the monkey
mooohamerded was born some 1400 years ago.