Jerry G.

Default Transistor for Orion car amplifier

These are proprietary numbers. If you can find out who the original
manufacture is for Orion you may have a chance. Or, if you have the
knowledge base and resources you can try to examine the design, and go
through data sheets to choose replacement transistors that are standard.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
I need to find some replacement transistors for my Orion Cobalt CO430
amp.

The amp has a row of six heatsinked transistors along each side of the
circuit board. The part I need is labelled:

ORION
0490-0210
T9418AJ

The OTHER transistors along the same row (but which look visually OK
in my amp) are labelled:

SMW20P10
T9418AB
TAIWAN

There is also a triangle symbol that precedes the T9418__ part numbers
on each part.

The new parent company of Orion wasn't able to help. They told me
they didn't keep any parts lists from products made by the old
company. I tried Digi-Key and a couple other parts suppliers, but
they didn't have a cross-reference.

Can anyone provide a replacement part number? My car got flooded and
these parts burned up in the amp under my seat. I'd rather replace
the parts than buy a whole new amp, since it looks like an easy job to
replace them (along with a 10-ohm resistor that also fried).

Thanks to anyone who can help.