Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 73III fluke repair

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 18:10:50 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Most Fluke meters have a lifetime warranty.
Keep that in mind before doing major surgery.
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Not exactly:
http://www.fluke.com/fluke/iden/support/warranties/
Each Fluke 20*, 70*, 80*, 170 and 180 series DMM will be
free from defects in material and workmanship for its
lifetime. As used herein, "lifetime" is defined as seven
years after Fluke discontinues manufacturing the product,
but the warranty period shall be at least ten years from
date of purchase. *(Lifetime Warranty applies to products
manufactured after October 1996).

The Fluke 73 iii shows as discontinued:
http://en-us.fluke.com/products/electrical-testers/fluke-77-iii.html
No dates, so I can't guess(tm) as to it's warranty status.

Drivel: I found an old Fluke 8060A true RMS meter at a thrift shop. I
fixed it (cleaned the LCD contacts) but now I can't find the three
plastic screws that hold the case together. They're under the mess
here somewhere. ARGH!

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D