ac

Default Blown TV power transistor (diagram)

All the caps around the PSU area are visually ok.

I have just ordered a couple of the S2000AF's, just in case something else
did cause it to blow. The rectifier diodes are 1N4007's. These were the 1st
thing I replaced, but they blew again straight away. Then I removed the
S2000AF which was found to be shorted and changed the diodes
again....fingers crossed...

Cheers

Adam
"Orange" wrote in message

"ac" wrote in message
I have a goodmans 3375 TV that has just gon pop. It was blowing the

internal
2a fuse as soon as it was powered. I found that 2 of the rectifier

diodes
had shorted, and 1 main transistor in the PSU area was also dead.

After removing the transistor and replacing the diodes, the fuse no

longer
blows. I will have to order the transistor. Meantime, attached is a

circuit
diagram. The big transistor that blew is TR15, (S2000AF). I have checked

the
2 diodes, D35 & D36 near to it - these are ok. Would there be anything

else
to look for or would TR15 have blown 1st and taken out the rectifier

diodes.

Should I still get voltages out of IC14 without the TR15 in the circuit

or
could that be blown as well ?

Diagram : http://www.photo-it.com/3375.jpg

The TDA 4601 IMO is one of the best power supplies ever, looking at that
particular circuit I believe that it's a pretty bog-standard Thomson [F1?]
chassis.

A coincidence but I repaired one today, it wouldn't run [had horrendous
squealing noises coming from the power supply] replacing 'all' of the

small
electrolytic capacitors cured the problem.

Also it's quite common for those stupid little underrated INxxx type

diodes
in the bridge rectifier circuit to go short circuit for no apparent

reason,
I would suggest uprating them for something a little more substantive, or
replacing them with a decent bridge rectifier, hope this helps.

Cheers

Adam