Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Store Clerks "DUMBER THAN HELL"

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 22:45:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/20/2015 9:57 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 20:51:24 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Simple solution that I seem to be using more and more. If you enter
"outdoor thermometer" in the search box at Amazon you get over 31,000 to
choose from. I think I placed 6 orders just this week for both gifts
and personal items not easily found elsewhere.

NOT a "simple solution" at all, when you only have dialup internet....
And I think I was clear when I said I dont care to shop online, because
I cant see or feel the items. I've shopped in REAL stores for over 60
years, and dont want or need to change now, to he hassles of online
shopping and dealing with the shipping and postage and hassled to return
stuff that is not what I wanted, or junk.

I've shopped in real stores for over 60 years too. Many have gone to

I don't think I started shopping in stores until I was 5, and that was
only Bush's, a corner grocery. They had two-for-a-penny candy, but I
didn't like it. I woudl get one-for-a-penny candy which truly was
twice as good. For one thing, it might be made of chocolate, which
the other stuff never was. When there was a premium in a box of
cereal, but the supermarket didnt' have any more, we'd go to Bush's.

It was only about 300 feet from my back yard. It's changed and it
sells medical supplies now.

There was also a toy store on the far corner away from the JHS. The
JHS was a long block and a half from the front yard, to their property
and another 800 feet across their lot to the school, but I only went
in when I was taking swimming. I would look in the toy store, but
even though my family had enough money, I had none, so I never bought
anything. It's changed and it sells medical supplies now.

Populatoin of the town has gone from 50,000 in 1955 to 22,000 now. No
new people moving in, no need for toys, much need for medical
supplies.

The high school is now a combination JHS/HS and the JHS is now 3 to 6,
the only school in the whole town for those grades. If I were 8
again, it would still be in easy walking distance, though my
girlfriend thinks no one would let his little kid walk their alone.
She doesn't know what small towns are like.

Though now she lives ina new expensive development in a rural county
and one mother drives her 10 year old 300 feet and then waits with him
until the school bus comes, even in warm weather. Meets him the
afternoon too. The county is the next one from me. If there were
child abductions I'd hear about it, and there aren't. It's pitiful.

crap as you noted, thus my reason to go on line to do a lot of shopping.

As for returning things, Ive never had to. In my entire life I've only
ever had to return three or four items as I'm careful with my purchases.

I've never returned anything online. I had something fail in 88 days,
but by tthe time I determined it had failed, it was 92 days and they
wouldnt' warrant it. Later I found out it hadn't failed. I'd rushed
because I knew the 90 days was close to expiring.

In person I've returned 30 or 40 or more things, just aboutr all of
them y hardware.

There is no other solution for you, I'm afraid so you can keep
complaining and nothing will improve. It will, however, get worse.