Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Preventing paint from freezing in garage

On 12/20/2015 2:18 PM, wrote:
Hi, I'm finishing my basement and will have to permanently move my
collection of paint, joint compound etc, from (the climate controlled)
basement storage into the unheated stand-alone garage. To give an idea of
amount, it's currently stored on a very full 3ft wide x 5ft tall bookshelf
in the basement. I'll certainly get rid of the junk, but most is useful.

Useful for what? Paint isn't *that* expensive that you've got a sizeable
"investment" tucked away, there.

What do folks typically do to keep their paint and equipment from freezing
in an unheated garage... without risking starting a fire?

Capture paint swatches from each sample (assuming they are custom colors)
and write the name/brand/formulation of each on the back for future
reference. Go to store and have something compatible tinted when you next
need it. "Store" the dollars required to purchase it in the bank...