Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Store Clerks "DUMBER THAN HELL"

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 15:58:53 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that they only hire 'Kindergarten Dropouts'
at that store......

Alternative is on line shopping. Dumber than dumber. Dummies never go to
hell.

You cant buy lumber, sheets of plywood, concrete blocks, plumbing pipes,
or 10 foot long pieces of metal trim online.... -OR- If you can, I would
not want to pay the shipping prices.... Nor am I willing to wait for the
shipping time to receive common items such as electrical items.

I might buy electronic/computer parts, clothing, movies, music, books
and that sort of thing online, but NOT most home repair stuff.

I WILL buy a DAMPER online, for my bathroom exhaust fan, if I can find
one (from another thread). The stores dont have them.

Online shopping is over rated in my opinion. I like to see and feel what
I buy. Plus some stuff just cant be shipped (at least not affordably).
I recently bought a computer keyboard online. When I got it, I hated the
"feel" of it. So, I'm still using my old keyboard which has most of the
letters worn off of it, while that new one sits in my closet....

Then too, last winter I bought a computer monitor online. The shipper
refused to deliver it, because my almost one mile long driveway was icy.
(I clean it as best I can, and I drive on it daily). After waiting over
2 months, I finally had to go thru a long and difficult process of
excessive paperwork to modify the shipping address, so it would be
delivered to a friends house (in town). Finally, 3.5 months later it
arrived at his house, and then I had to drive there to get it.
In the end, I saved about $25 off the shelf price of buying it at a
store, but had to spend at least 3 hours of time filling out forms,
reading emails about their refusal to deliver it, mailing stuff (which
costs postage), and then being without my monitor for 3.5 months. Then
finally driving to get it which costs me for gas.

The monitor was fine, but if my time is only worth "minimum wages" plus
my other costs incurred, it cost me more than the savings, not to
mention the annoyance factor.